1. A.M. TAYLOR TRAVELLING FELLOWSHIP IN ORTHOPAEDIC AND TRAUMATIC SURGERY
May 5 – July 22 1992
Three month traveling fellowship spent in Great Britain, Canada and the United States for the specific purpose of post-graduate study in Musculo-Skeletal Traumatology and Surgery of the Foot and Ankle.
This included visits to Professor David Rowley in Dundee, Scotland; Dr Roger Mann in Oakland, California (both renowned foot surgeons); the 9th Combined Meeting of the Orthopaedic Associations of the English Speaking World, in Toronto, Canada and the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society Eighth Annual Summer Meeting in Napa, California.
2. FELLOWSHIP IN MUSCULO-SKELETAL TRAUMATOLOGY AT HARBORVIEW MEDICAL CENTRE, SEATTLE, WASHINGTON
August 1 1992 – July 31 1993
One year in an AO approved Fellowship in Trauma at one of the world’s leading trauma centres under the training of Professor Sigvard T. Hansen Jr., Dr Marc F. Swiontkowski, Dr Stephen K. Benirschke, Dr Bruce J. Sangeorzan, Dr M. Bradford Henley, Dr Jens R. Chapman, Dr M.L. Chip Routt Jr. and Dr D.G. Smith.
3. FELLOWSHIP IN FOOT AND ANKLE SURGERY AT HARBORVIEW MEDICAL CENTER AND THE UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON, SEATTLE, WASHINGTON
August 1 1993 – January 31 1994
A six-month Fellowship in Foot and Ankle Surgery under the training of Professor Sigvard T. Hansen Jr.
1. GORDON GORDON-TAYLOR MEDAL
Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (F.R.A.C.S.) Part I Examination November 1986
2. SMITH AND NEPHEW RICHARDS AWARD FOR BEST AUSTRALIAN REGISTRAR’S PAPER
‘A Method of Internal Fixation of Humeral Fractures Associated with Bone Stock Compromise’, presented at the Ninth Annual Orthopaedic Residents Conference, Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.A. (sponsored by Smith and Nephew Richards).August 23rd – 24th 1991
3. A.M. TAYLOR TRAVELLING FELLOWSHIP IN ORTHOPAEDIC ANDTRAUMATIC SURGERY
A twelve-week Fellowship established to enable younger orthopaedic surgeons to travel abroad for the specific purpose of post-graduate study in orthopaedic and trauma surgery.
HOSPITAL AND DAY PROCEDURE CENTRE MEMBERSHIP
North Shore Private Hospital, NSW
Visiting Medical Officer
July 1998 – present
Delmar Private Hospital, Dee Why, NSW
Visiting Medical Officer
April 1994 – present
Castlecrag Private Hospital, NSW
2008 – present
Macquarie University Hospital, NSW
2012 – present
- Sydney AO Foot and Ankle Course, 2002. Course Chairman.
- Sydney AO Foot and Ankle Course, 2006. Course Chairman.
- Sydney AO Foot and Ankle Course, 2011. Course Chairman.
- Davos AO Foot and Ankle Course, 2014. Course Chairman.
- Bangkok AO Foot and Ankle Course, 2015. Course Chairman.
- Fellow of the Royal Australiasian College of Surgeons: January, 1992.
- Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association.
- Member of the Australian Medical Association.
- Member of the Australian Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- Member of the Australian Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society.
- Member of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society.
- Member of the Harborview Medical Centre Alumni Association. (Association for the Sigvard T. Hansen Jr. Endowed Chair for Orthopaedic Traumatology Research).
- Member of the General Clinical Training Committee Mona Vale Hospital, 1997-1998.
- Secretary of Mona Vale Hospital Orthopedic Department – January 1995 to present.
- Theatre Management Committee, Mona Vale Hospital, 1997 – 1998.
- Deputy Chairperson, Medical Staff Council, Mona Vale Hospital, 1997 – 1998.
- Warringah District Medical Association 2000
- AO Foot & Ankle Expert Group (FAEG), April, 2004 – 2012.
- Member of the ‘The Sesamoids’. 2005 – Present. (Australian Orthopaedic Study Group).
- International Editorial Board: Foot & Ankle Surgery (Official Journal of the European Foot & Ankle Society). 2007 – Present.
- Member of the AO Trauma Education Committee. 2011 – Present.